Online Job Resources: Beyond the Big Three

Those career seekers who stick to the biggest jobs sites are missing out on a ton of opportunities—more than one-half of listings are on other sites, according to Wanted Technologies.

During June 2004, Wanted Technologies scanned through over 300 employment sites related to the top five Metropolitan Statistical Areas in the US to collect data for the study. Job boards that are free to post were excluded.

Monster, CareerBuilder and HotJobs constitute the big three of online job listing Web sites. Combined, the big three feature somewhere from 40% to 45% of the listings for a given city on their sites, meaning that other sites offer the remaining 55% to 60% of job postings. These other sites include specialized career-specific sites and newspaper Web site job postings.

Like this content? Why not share it?
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterGoogle+Share on LinkedInBuffer this pagePin on PinterestShare on Redditshare on TumblrShare on StumbleUpon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.