Tell me about a time when you…
- Prioritized the elements of a complicated project.
- Handled a difficult situation with a co-worker.
- Were tolerant of an opinion that was different from yours.
- Had to deal with an irate customer.
- Surmounted a major obstacle.
- Worked effectively under pressure.
- Lost (or won) an important contract.
- Delegated a project effectively.
- Missed an obvious solution to a problem.
- Set your sights too high (or too low).
- Anticipated potential problems and developed preventive measures.
- Were forced to make an unpopular decision.
- Were creative in solving a problem.
- Were disappointed in your behavior.
- Were unable to complete a project on time.
- Had to make an important decision with limited facts.
- Made a bad decision.
- Had to fire a friend.
- Persuaded team members to do things your way.
- Got bogged down in the details of a project.
- Had to adapt to a difficult situation.
- Experienced a setback while working on a project.
- Made a significant impact towards the outcome of a project.
Wrote a report that was well-received
Used your political savvy to push a program through that you really believed in
Hired (or fired) the wrong person
Turned down a good job
Had your work criticized